Glenmac is a high country merino sheep and beef cattle farm spread over 1583 hectares. Nestled in the quiet Waitaki Valley, the family farm is 60km’s from Oamaru and 15km’s from Kurow township.
The Shearers Quarters has beds for ten to twelve guests and provides clean, warm and comfortable budget farm style accommodation. All linen is supplied, TV lounge ( freeview TV) and full kitchen facilities. A wonderful opportunity to meet other people from all around New Zealand and the world!
A popular option is to reserve the shearers quarters for a family or group get away.
For a minimal cost, you can join the family for Dinner and/or breakfast. Home cooked meals.
Wifi at minimal cost.
Bedroom layouts are as follows:
- One single bedroom
- One room with double and single bed
- One double bedroom
- One Room – sleep 5 (2 single beds, one set bunks with queen double at bottom and single bed at top)
We now have two extra detached rooms with double beds available.
All beds fully made up.
Nightly Rate: $50 pp a night – includes continental breakfast.
Please contact for quotation if prefer to provide own breakfast food.
Transport options if without own vehicle.
- Coast line tours leaves Dunedin at 3pm five days and will bring you to Oamaru or deliver to farm. Return journey leaves Oamaru at 8.30 am for Dunedin.
- Intercity and Atomic buses all travel via Oamaru and Omarama. Pickups can be arranged from either of these places.
- Contact Glenmac to find out about other transport possibilities.